To complement the disadvantages of earlier endoscopic and laser surgery,
Yeson voice center implemented Potassium-Titanyl-Phosphate(KTP) laser which is highly effective for vascular disease treatments.
KTP laser produces a beam in the green electromagnetic spectrum with a wavelength of 532 nm at 1~50 millisecond pulses. It has the advantage of adjusting pulse level in various settings.
KTP laser is guided through a thin optical fiber that connects within the laryngoscope. It is more easily absorbed by blood vessels making it highly effective treatment for vascular lesions. As the laser has an affinity with blood vessels, it safely eliminates lesions leaving normal vocal fold tissue and surrounding tissue undamaged.
1. No need for general anesthesia, only requires local anesthesia
2. It’s an out-patient procedure
3. Noninvasive operation
4. Safe and effective
5. Excellence in bleeding control
6. No damage on laryngeal tissues
7. No pain during and after the surgery
8. Low risk of recurrence